Homemade Kaju Katli or Cashew Fudge Sweet Recipe
Hello everyone, myself Neelima Anil. Indians are very familiar with kaju katli as it is on of their favorite sweet. So here I will be giving Homemade Kaju Katli or Cashew Fudge Sweet Recipe which is easy to make. Do try this recipe you will surely love it!
These kaju katli has melt in mouth and smooth texture with mild flavors of cardamom powder or rose water. When translated Kaju translates to cashews & katli refers to thin slices. This Kaju katli is
- gluten free
- can be made vegan by using coconut oil
- is low fat
- simple & quick to make
INGREDIENTS (Homemade Kaju Katli or Cashew Fudge Sweet Recipe)
- 1 cup kaju (160 grams) (cashews)
- ½ cup sugar (100 grams ) or add as needed
- 5 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped rose petals or rose water or you can also use 8-9 strands of saffron (optional)
DIRECTIONS (Homemade Kaju Katli or Cashew Fudge Sweet Recipe)
For Grinding Cashews
- Grind the cashews into powder in a coffee grinder or a dry grinder.
- The cashews should not be pasty or oily it should be in powdered form.
Making Kaju Katli Mixture
- Heat sugar and water on a low flame in a thick bottomed or non stick pan or kadai.
- Either keep butter papers ready or else grease a plate or tray and keep it aside.
- Add cashew powder once the sugar is fully dissolved in water. There is no need to look for the consistency of the sugar syrup like one or two string. You only need to make sure that the sugar gets completely dissolved and then you can proceed with the next step.
- Continuously stir the cashew mixture on a low flame.
- You can see the cashew mixture getting thicker.
- For approx 7-9 minutes cook the kaju mixture till the whole mixture starts to come together.
Making Kaju Katli
- Now on a work surface, bowl or a plate place the whole lump of the kaju mixture after removing it from the pan.
- Into the cashew mixture add the rose petals and ghee or oil.
- Knead the cashew mixture when the heat in the mixture is hot enough to handle, don’t burn your hands.
- Place it on a butter paper or on a greased plate or tray after flattening the dough.
- On top keep a butter paper and then gently roll the dough from all the sides using a rolling pin, till you reach a thickness of 3-5 mm in the dough.
- Let the rolled dough cool after removing the butter paper.
- Once it is completely cool, cut the cashew dough using a sharp knife giving it diamond or square shapes.
- With the help of a butter knife smoothly remove the kaju katli.
- Straight away serve the kaju katli or keep in an air tight container.
NOTES (Homemade Kaju Katli or Cashew Fudge Sweet Recipe)
- Roast the saffron first in a dry pan if you re using it and then coarsely powder them in a mortar-pestle and then into the cashew dough add the powdered saffron.
- Incase if you are using rose water, add it to the sugar and water solution.