Delicious Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe
Hello everyone, myself Neelima Anil. Everyone who is familiar with biryani will have at least once tried hyderabadi biryani. It is famous for its taste and aroma. If you haven’t tried yet this is must try. So here I will be providing you with Delicious Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe which you can easily make at your home.
INTRODUCTION (Delicious Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe)
Hyderabadi Biryani is one among the foremost popular biryani recipe which is spread across the world but it actually from down the south. This flavorful and delicious gastronomic wonder may be a treat to relish on and is usually cooked for dinner parties in north Indian kitchens. Create it at your home to form a mark at your dinner party!
INGREDIENTS (Delicious Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe)
For Biryani Masala
- 1 inch (2 pieces) cinnamon stick
- 6 to 7 cloves
- 5 to 6 cardamoms
- 1 tsp shahi jeera/caraway seeds
- 1/4 pieces nutmeg/ jaiphal
- 1 anise star
- 3 gms black stone flower/ biryani ka phool
- 3 sticks kapok buds small/ marathi moggu
- 1 piece mace/ japratri
- 750 grams chicken (Biryani cut)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt as needed
- 2-3 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- chopped mint leaves a handful
- 3 medium thinly sliced onions
- 200 grams thick yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp pre-boiled oil
- 2-3 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 800 grams Basmati Rice
- Water for soaking and cooking rice
DIRECTIONS (Delicious Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe)
- Before cooking rinse the rice for 2-3 times and before thatt soak it for half an hour
- Preparing Biryani Masala
- In a blender add cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamoms, shahi jeera, nutmeg, anise star, black stone flower, Marathi moggu, mace or Japatri and keep it aside after grinding them into powder.
- For 750 grams of chicken use 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of Biryani Masala powder
- Heat the oil for deep frying after cutting the onions into very thin long slices.
- They become crispy soon after you take out from oil so fry it till they are golden brown in color.
- Rinse chicken thoroughly, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, chopped mint leaves, and lemon juice.
- Add the fried onions after crushing it with your fingers
- Pour some oil (you can even use the leftover oil after frying the onions)
- Leave it for 1-2 hours to marinate
- For about 2-3 times rinse the soaked rice
- Add enough water into a vessel so the rice can move freely in the water and the rice remains submerged
- Until the water tastes salty add salt
- Bring the water to boil after adding whole spices and mint
- Once water starts boiling add the soaked rice
- Then bring the water again to boil and then cook for 3 minutes.
- Strain out the water immediately after turning off the flame after 3 mins.
Cooking Chicken Biryani
- Grease a thick bottomed vessel with some oil
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter and the marinated chicken and then spread it evenly.
- Spread the rice over the marinade.
- And then on the rice put some fried onions and fresh mint leaves
- Place a lid over it after covering it with clean damp cloth or aluminium foil
- Cook it on high flame for 12-15 minutes and on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it rest for some time.
Don’t over cook the rice more than 3 minutes or else it will become mushy when you add it to the marinade for further cooking.