5 Indian Tea Recipes You Must Try
Hello everyone myself Neelima Anil. As everyone around the word is stressed out with their busy lives and cant keep a check on their health at times. So here I came up with 5 Indian Tea Recipes You Must Try to help you feel refreshed and can even solve your health issues.
Lets have a look into it!
Indian tea recipe or chai recipes are a comforting drink to many, more than being a mere beverage. The effect it has is instant. It just refreshes our mid and soul within no time Whether one isn’t feeling well or if they are tired, the most preferred reaction is to take a tea-break!
5 Indian Tea Recipes
1.Ginger Cinnamon Tea (5 Indian Tea Recipes You Must Try)
This Ginger Cinnamon Tea is extremely refreshing and its sure to put you back on the right track on a busy day! Ginger is said to improve digestion and relieve hyperacidity. It helps to remove acids and stimulate your saliva. Ginger water can prevent acidity if you sip it half an hour before your meals.
- 2 tbsp ginger (adrak) roundels
- 1 small stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 tsp honey
- Combine the ginger, cinnamon and 2 cups of water in a non-stick saucepan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Strain the mixture.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Serve warm.
2.Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea (5 Indian Tea Recipes You Must Try)
Fresh mint and lemon tea refreshes and rejuvenate your senses and is also something refreshing to sip on. The benefits of mint lemon tea are lemon juice and mint which helps in building immunity and fighting diseases is also rich in vitamin C. Hot water helps in weight loss and to break down fat cells.
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- To make fresh mint and lemon tea, in a deep bowl combine the lemon juice, mint leaves, and 2 cups of hot water and mix well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes after covering it with a lid.
- You can serve this tea warm or cool.
3.Fennel Tea To Relieve Constipation (5 Indian Tea Recipes You Must Try)
Fennel is aromatic and has carminative effect in the intestine, as it improves digestion most people have it after meals. The seeds help to aid digestion and is rich with high content of essential oil, which steeps in the water while making the decoction. It helps reduce flatulence by not allowing undigested food to remain in the colon for a long time and relieves constipation. Crush the fennel seeds with a mortar and pestle for best results.
- 1 tsp coarsely crushed fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix well by combining the hot water and fennel seeds in a bowl. Keep it aside for10 minutes after covering it with a lid.
- Drink it immediately after straining the water.
4.Masala Chai or Masala Tea
Masala chai means nothing else but spiced tea. It is basically made by brewing black tea with masala and its flavor is really powerful. If you are not well this masala tea can soothe you, rejuvenate you when you are tired, and revive your spirits when you are bored.
- 1/2 tsp chai ka masala
- 2 tbsp tea powder (chai ki patti)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 lemongrass stalks (hare chai ki patti) , each cut into 50 mm. pieces
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger (adrak)
- 2 cups milk
For chai ka masala
- 3tbsp cloves
- 1/2 cup cardamoms
- 1 1/2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 stick cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
Grind all these together to get chai ka masala
- To make masala chai recipe, in a non stick sauce pan combine 2 cups of water, tea powder, sugar, lemongrass, ginger and chai masala and boil for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Mix well after adding the milk and then bring to boil on a medium flame. When the mixture boils till the brim, to avois spilling out reduce the flame to slow and continue to boil for 4 to 5 minutes, if required stir occasionally.
- Discard the tea powder mixture after straining it using a strainer.
- Immediately serve you masala chai.
This is perfect cup to sip on with traces of cumin and a strong flavor of dried ginger adding a refreshing flavor of this drink, when you are tired or down with cold.
- 1/4 cup chopped palm jaggery (gur)
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 1 tsp dried ginger (soonth) powder
- Grind cumin seeds, black peppercorns, coriander seeds and ginger powder to a coarse mixture and keep it aside.
in a saucepan heat 2 cups of water and allow it to boil for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the palm jaggery, mix it well and stirring it occasionally cook for 4-5 minutes or till its completely dissolved on a medium flame.
- Add the prepared coarse mixture, mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame, while stirring occasionally.
- Into a deep bowl strain it using a strainer after turning off the flame.
- Serve your jaggery Tea hot.